Website Creation Process
While we follow a general outline in planning, designing, and implementing your website, each project is going to be unique in its details. Depending on the size and scope of your website, Steps 1-4 can take anywhere from two weeks to six weeks to complete.
Since we are a business who interacts with the online community, we truly do understand the need for a website that speaks volumes about your business, products, and services. And we know that just having a website up on the internet does not convert to sales. That is why we code each page of your site properly to encourage the search engines to rank your site well for your keywords in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Step 1 - Getting to Know You
- Consult with client on the type of website they need
- Prepare and submit to client a price quote for the project
- Collect the required non-refundable 50% deposit to begin work
Step 2 - Design the Website
- Further discuss graphic and design preferences
- Create the template (structure) of the website, including navigation and sitemap
- Submit to client for review of the design
- Client can either approve template or ask for another revision
- Since the design process normally consists of changes and revisions, we allow up to two chances for changes and revisions as part of the original quote.
- Submit to client for final review of the design
- Any additional changes and revisions of the design template at this point will be billed an additional $50.00 per hour.
Step 3 - Create the Website
- Fill in the content of the website based on provided graphics and text
- Install and configure modules, such as: blogs, message boards, slideshows, etc
- Install Google Analytics coding
- Perform necessary unique SEO elements per page: keywords, page title, description, etc
- Maintain consist quality coding for load speed and compliance with search engines
- Submit to client for review
Step 4 - Review and Fine-tune
- Perform any corrections and changes
- Instruct the client on aspects they would like to handle, such as admin panels for blogs, message boards, shopping carts, etc
- Create any needed email accounts
Step 5 - Hang Out Your Shingle
- Make your new website live to the public - you're now open for business!
- Submit XML sitemap to index the website pages with the search engines
- Submit website URL to key social websites for immediate indexing in search engines and public viewing
Step 6 - Spread the Word
- Optional - See Marketing Services
- Research and create keyword competition analysis
- Begin link-building campaign
- Submit website to directories and minor search engines
- Create social network accounts, such as: Twitter, Facebook, etc
- If requested, write and/or submit articles to article directories
- If requested, create a presence at web 2.0 sites, such as: Squidoo, Hubpages, etc
- Monthly monitoring of keyword rankings within the major search engines
Now that your website is finished, full of content, and starting to receive visitors, we wish you the best of success in your business (or personal) adventure. But don't panic! We will not leave you to fend for yourself. If you need to expand your website, make occassional updates, or have questions down the road - we are here for you. Do not hesitate to contact us.